Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my clutch safety switch went out about six months ago.. I have been manually engaging it ever since. I finally got tired of it and I want to fix it. I bought the new switch I just need to know how to replace it. Any threads links or anything that shows me how to replace it would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Unplug the electrical connection from the old switch, take the switch apart (you will see where is snaps together). Pull the old switch off the clutch pedal rod and install the new one in reverse order. Just be careful when you are separating the switch cover so you dont break it. Its pretty easy probably 5 minute job including stopping to swig on your beer before installing the new one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds great! Right down to the beer lol. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I got the new switch installed and it works fine. But when I push the clutch in it goes almost all the way, then the last half inch or so it clicks like plastic is snapping. This happened to my old one before it went out. Is this normal for a new switch? Or could I have put it in wrong or something? Didn't seem like there was anything I could've messed up it's pretty simple. Let me know. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts