Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just got my block and heads back from the machine shop. It was bored .020 and everything gone through. I've got 80hp injectors coming and am gonna put a tuner on it. Also have big head and compressor wheel coming. Nothing major, but at 250,000 I'm sure the clutch is not gonna hold. I don't wanna spend a ton of money, but I want something reliable and rated for what I'm doing. A cousin of mine runs centerforce, but I see alot in Google about Southbend. I know it basically comes down to preference, but who's got the best bang for my buck?:confused:

·
Registered
670 Posts
X2 on SouthBend Clutch

I had one in my 550,
It was so long ago I couldnt tell you exactly which one.

SB cutomer service is top shelf.
I had the same experience with them

·
Registered
198 Posts
x2 for southbend. I have the con O and it holds my DP 140hp tune well. I dont know how well it will hold bigger injectors, but I think most people on here run the OFE. The pedal pressure with a SB should be reduced over the stock clutch too.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
when i get the money i will be buying a southbend as well

·
2nd class citizen
797 Posts
x3 south bend con o fe.works great for me and has good street manner.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Southbend Con O here. I think they are good to 350 rwhp. So if you plan on going past that, you will likely have to step up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, is anybody running anything besides SB? just curious, want to get as much feedback as possible. By my best estimations I'll be turning about 500, so the con fe is my best bet?

·
Registered
144 Posts
i've had great results with kenny's pulling parts clutches in my dodge. i've had three different ones in various trucks (single and two dbl disk) and all have held up to serious abuse. i had called about a dbl dsk to be repucked and it only cost $100 a disk. i'll be switching over his triple disk in the puller soon.:evil

kenny is a great guy to deal with and always available for questions. his price is cheaper than the southbend and valiar.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Whose injectors do you have on the way? If you are going to b able to support 500hp with a stock turbo you should be able to run your stock clutch too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Correction:
Probably nowhere near 500 RWHP. I am just going off of the sticker on the valve cover (bhp) and adding. Probably some clarification there. BTW injectors are Industrial's. I (we) currently own 3 PSD's but have never "played" with them much, other than K&N's, mild tunes, and gutting the exhaust so I just want to make sure I'm covered.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
i am running a valair ceramic button, rated at 600hp/1100ftlbs. from a stop i can side step the clutch at 2100rpm and spin through 2nd on 37's and 3.73's. it is grabby but that is expected. i'll see how it does with the bottle after i get it filled.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
joebob3093

Off Topic: are you hearing much over your way about the Redmond pull in May?

sorry for the derail
nope i have heard nothing except what i have read on the sites.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm running a SBC DD. I didn't know exactly what to expect, but I'm glad I dropped it in. Shifting is smooth pending you aren't trying to row through the gears in a hurry. Bit noisey at idle, but it is a diesel, so it is already noisey. I'm happy with the clutch, and Peter at sbc is a great guy. Buddy and I stopped in Indiana on our way home from snowmobiling in Michigan, and he gave us a tour of the shop, and spoke with us at great lengths about clutches, diesel performance, and just had a great experience with him, Mansel, and the rest of the crew at the shop. Highly recommended company, and I will go to them for all of my clutch needs in the future.

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
Well, I pulled as much as 544rwhp on my single disc I had made by a local guy that has always provided my clutches.

I have never seen anybody else's single disc clutch actually hold that much power, or anything near it.

BTW, I payed 325 dollars for the clutch.

lol.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.