Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving home tonight with the cruise control on and all of a sudden I heard noise almost like I ran something over and it hit the bottom of the truck but it was too long of a sound and by the trans. So the nose lasted like 5 seconds, then pulling up to a toll I noticed the clutch pedal was weird feeling and you can hear a squealing when I push it down. Now when I.got home I pushed it down with the truck off and it felt normal, turn the truck back on and it feels weird again and squeals a bit. Any ideas

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm thinking it could be the throw out bearing

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Definitely could be throw out bearing. Pull your inspection cover and shine a light up in there to see if it has come apart or if you see anything abnormal looking.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i pulled the cover, found two thin black pieces of a plastic and about 5 ball bearing hanging out in the bottom of the cover so I'm assuming it was the throwout bearing

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I'm on a valair one

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Things only got like 5k.on it that's weird is there a better one out there

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How bad would it be too drive it to my shop like 20 mins away

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there a difference between throwouts like if I got one from advanced auto would it not be as good as valairs

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It did but it blew apart in less then 5k

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It did but it blew apart in less then 5k

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I'd be on the phone with valair making them send me a new one for free. They have this thing called a warranty. :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
called and emailed no one has gotten back to me, and with all the snow i really need my truck like yesterday

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So no one knows

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is the second issue iv had and they are not great at getting back to you

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Sucks. Company like that should know how word gets around on these forums. That level of customer (non-)service just doesn't (or shouldn't) float these days.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts