Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as i was pulling into my driveway today my clutch pedal did not come back up. now when i press it it just sounds like its leaking fluid like a blown brake line. im guessing i probably blew the line that works the clutch. anyone replaced those and how hard are they to do???

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can buy the complete assembly from ford, pre bled dont have the part number, they kept trying to sell me the individual pieces but after a bit of digging they found the pre bled assembly. Get under the dash and pop the connecting rod that goes into the firewall off the mount under the dash. Slide that sensor off the rod. Then the slave and master each only take a 1/4 turn and they are out.

When you put the new one in make sure to keep the plastic retainer on the slave and just install it. Put that sensor back in where you found it under the dash. The first time you press the pedal the slave cylinder retainer will pop loose that retainer and you are good to go. I did it in my front yard and only needed a screwdriver to pry the rod under the dash.

It really is a mickey mouse system, but at least its easy to replace.

·
too broke to play
111 Posts
If I remember right you also have to buy the rod that connects the hydraulic unit to the clutch pedal. It pushes in and then becomes permanent. It is not reusable.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I just got a hydraulics from Ford and they have stopped making them. There are still many dealers out there that have them though. Mine came with a new rod from the clutch to the unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts