Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
King of my own world
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im buying the clutch pedal fix! anyone have any ideas till it gets here? i have a landscape buisness and my truck makes money.
i had a brass bushing but the eye is oblong and it broke also.

·
King of my own world
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what if i jb the hole and redrill it till i get the hiem joint? will jb hold? it held on a 91 civic rotor once.

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Jb might hold but you need let cure well..I'm not sure how the obs is but why don't you get the bushings from ford and install those for now..

·
King of my own world
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the eye is oblong i bought one and didnt make it out of dealer parkinglot about 6 months ago. the brass held for a while and about 15k miles but i need to solve this as ive been getting one close in size but still has to be machined a little to fit. power tools are out right now cause the kids are in bed and tractor supply is closed for the bushing.

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Ohhh I gotcha.. Well that sucks, I guess jb weld would work if you let cure over night but you said you need the truck so I'm not to sure bud..Hopefully somebody else has something for ya.

·
King of my own world
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im freaking i have like $500 ill make tomorrow!

·
King of my own world
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jb weld the package says its better than bailing wire.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
JB Putty (it dries very fast), redrill the hole, new bushing. That's probably about as good as you can do in a pinch. Cheers!

·
King of my own world
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JB Putty (it dries very fast), redrill the hole, new bushing. That's probably about as good as you can do in a pinch. Cheers!
havnt tried putty hw long to dry???

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
if it's just the clutch master rod hole thats oblong i have another one in my tool box IIRC. i will look for it in the morning before i leave for work. Knowing me i probably threw it way b/c i already have the heim joint fix. the heim joint fix will delete that hole though. you will have to cut the master rod and punch the rod out of the arm as well and it uses a bolt to go through the heim and the arm IIRC.

2nd thought... why don't you just punch the rod out of the arm(i think i have another one of those in the toolbox too) and send a bolt through it for now? It's harder than it sounds, but will work. mine was like that when i got it. LOL

·
King of my own world
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will it go in far enough to start? which wires are for nuetral saftey in that retarded switch.

·
King of my own world
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dont think it will i know you can jump two of the wires but i dont know which ones. you have a rod in your box?

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
i dont think it will i know you can jump two of the wires but i dont know which ones. you have a rod in your box?
i went ahead and went out and checked. i have a brand new clutch master cylinder rod in my hand right now. if you need it tonight your welcome to come grab it. only problem is that it DOES NOT have a bushing it it, but it used to have one in it so it might be in the box as well.

·
King of my own world
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i went ahead and went out and checked. i have a brand new clutch master cylinder rod in my hand right now. if you need it tonight your welcome to come grab it. only problem is that it DOES NOT have a bushing it it, but it used to have one in it so it might be in the box as well.
pm sent! lol a rod in your box

·
King of my own world
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thank you seriously. your saving my life right now!!!

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
thank you seriously. your saving my life right now!!!
I'm just glad to help brother. i'm trying to find the dang bushing for you right now... i can look some more tomorrow when it's daylight b/c all my flashlights have dead batteries. hard to see with my cell phone.

·
King of my own world
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm just glad to help brother. i'm trying to find the dang bushing for you right now... i can look some more tomorrow when it's daylight b/c all my flashlights have dead batteries. hard to see with my cell phone.
lol is cool lief johnson is right there if you cant find it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts