Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an issue yesterday with my clutch master cylinder. It came completely off the firewall, with the main plate and nuts still attached to the firewall! So i replaced both the slave cylinder and clutch master cylinder. The clutch pedal is still extremly soft and i bled the system for easily 20 minutes. I made sure the slave cylinder was full of brake fluid before putting in, and I filled up the Clutch master cylinder full of brake fluid. Is there still some how air in the line? The clutch pedal shoots straight to the floor, still with no pressure to it. Any ideas? Should I just keep bleeding the system of air? Thanks!

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Pressure bleed it from the slave up to the master.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no valve on the slave cylinder to bleed it. How exactly would I go about bleeding it, then just pumping the clutch pedal and making sure the reserviors for both the cylinders are full.

·
cattle farmer
1,456 Posts
i think you can push the slave cylinder rod in and out to work the air up to the master cylinder...try that you might have to crack the cap on the master i little

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try that! thanks for the help!

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Push the rod in on the slave cylinder and hold it there for several seconds to give the air time to rise up the line to the slave master. Then repeat. have someone watch the slave master for air bubbles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts