Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an issue yesterday with my clutch master cylinder. It came completely off the firewall, with the main plate and nuts still attached to the firewall! So i replaced both the slave cylinder and clutch master cylinder. The clutch pedal is still extremly soft and i bled the system for easily 20 minutes. I made sure the slave cylinder was full of brake fluid before putting in, and I filled up the Clutch master cylinder full of brake fluid. Is there still some how air in the line? The clutch pedal shoots straight to the floor, still with no pressure to it. Any ideas? Should I just keep bleeding the system of air? Thanks!

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
You just gotta pump the #### out of them... the stupid ford stuff sucks for getting air out, mine was soft and ####ty for like a month but i just kept using it and using it and it finally got better

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yeah I did for like half and hour and still didn't get any better. I'm gonna try taking the line off the master cylinder and dumping brake fluid down it. I had this same issue when i first installed my clutch. I replaced everything, but I don't remember it being nearly as bad as it is now. The damn thing just won't get any firmer!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts