Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a clunking from my drivetrain everytime I put it into gear or everytime I let off or push the go pedal. I was just wondering does that sound like maybe its the U-Joints? The diffs are not messed up atleast I dont think they are because it is not driving like there are teeth missing from them. There is also a vibration around 70 MPH. Its not my tires that are out of ballance causing it to shake either I have thought of that.

·
Limp Member
147 Posts
Try this first http://www.eurekaboy.com/f250/slipjoint.htm Takes less than an hour start to finish, costs approximately $.02 and eliminates lots of drive line clunks. Plus while you have the DS dropped you'll be able to expect condition of u-joints at the same time.

BTW, what kinda shape are your ball joints in?

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ball joints are good. Replaced them about 6 months ago and have not really driven the truck much since then

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,952 Posts
And check your rear end.

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked it all and my rear u-joint on my rear drive shaft has a little bit of play in it so I am going to change it out tommorow

·
Registered
132 Posts
wow, i just had my ball joints done and mine does the same clunking sound.
It actually sounds like the the limitted slip is engaging twice.

When i start off slow it just makes two clunks and then runs smooth but my dads nor my brothers does it. I was told to check the slip joint and U-joints

1 - 6 of 6 Posts