Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 424 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So what are you guys doing for the heads? Are you making an adapter for the 6.4 injector to sit in? Or custom heads
just thick o-rings... ;)

j/k

injector "sleeve" adapters, different hold downs, 14mm head studs, etc...but they are factory heads

just some bolt ons (nothing requires machine work other than the 14mm studs)

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts
Thats awesome, i was wondering what you guys were going to do about that, should make it a more affordable swap when its all said and done, and can be undone if needed, thats great work man really im supa impressed thanks for the pics!

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats awesome, i was wondering what you guys were going to do about that, should make it a more affordable swap when its all said and done, and can be undone if needed, thats great work man really im supa impressed thanks for the pics!
That was the plan.

It's definitely not going to be "cheap"...but there are so many guys that already HAVE built engines DYING for more fuel to be more competitive....that we really needed to make this a "bolt on" kit, with no machine work required.

it's so cool...it's all "modular"...so.. if & when there is something "better" than the 6.4 injectors (say 6.7L PSD)...that with some different front cover backing plates (& inj adapters)...we can continue to grow with the newest advances in fuel injection.

very excited. :postwhore2:

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts
That was the plan.

It's definitely not going to be "cheap"...but there are so many guys that already HAVE built engines DYING for more fuel to be more competitive....that we really needed to make this a "bolt on" kit, with no machine work required.

it's so cool...it's all "modular"...so.. if & when there is something "better" than the 6.4 injectors (say 6.7L PSD)...that with some different front cover backing plates (& inj adapters)...we can continue to grow with the newest advances in fuel injection.

very excited. :postwhore2:
Cheap is a terrible word to use LOL this set up will be far from cheap.

What do you expect the end cost might be roughly?

·
WHAT???
1,833 Posts
:redspotdance::drool::drool::drool::drool:

i would like to thank the swamps crew for everything they've done for me and the truck!!! thanks for posting pictures dave... i can't wait til its in the truck and on the track!!! its been a fun ride with these guys over the past 3 years and we just keep getting faster and faster... the ole stocker decided to give up and get tired, and now they're building this beauty!! THANKS GUYS!!!!

btw dave, answer your text messages!! :poke:

1 - 20 of 424 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.