Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 01 and it has a clicking sound (sounds like a relay) from under the middle of the dash. It comes and goes and I havent noticed any other issues except the annoyance of the sound. Any ideas?

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
When does it make the clicking sound? When you turn the key on? When cranking the engine over? When it is running. Check and clean your battery terminals. Make sure your battery connections are good and tight. Possible low voltage from battery.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah, there are some relays there but one usually hears them when their batteries are not fully charged (not cranking the motor over).

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Yeah, there are some relays there but one usually hears them when their batteries are not fully charged (not cranking the motor over).
That is exactly what I was getting at.
And BTW I have heard the relay click/buzz and chatter when the batteries are low on charge when just turning the key on and also when cranking the motor over.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it does it only while driving, ill check the batteries the dealer put new batteries in before I bought it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok I think it may be a 4x4 issue, the 4x4 knob on the dash only works sometimes so I think I'll be taking it back to the dealer to figure out since I just bought it.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts