Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what everyones opinions are on clearance lights are? I ordered my new truck from the factory without the lights but the truck has not been built yet so I do have time to change my mind. I do like the looks of clearance lights but I am having a hard time knowing that holes will be drilled in the roof for moisture to do its thing and potentially cause rust, not to mention I live in the rust belt. Has anyone had issues with theirs rusting/bubbling or any other issues. I am just trying to make sure I am not making a mistake by not having them installed. Sorry guys but its a tough decision.

·
Registered
419 Posts
The holes are not drilled in after paint. They are stamped into the sheetmetal skin and then the skin is assembled to the cab structure, then painted.
If you like them, get them. I do prefer them.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I wish my truck had em

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I love cab lights, I installed some on my buddy's duramax it was easy

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well bad news. I called the dealership and the truck is actually being built ahead of schedule which is awesome but the truck is in a (Locked in) stage which means nothing can be changed. I guess I will just have to live with it. My 7.3 does not have them and apparently my 6.7 won't either haha.

·
Registered
18 Posts
They can easily be added later, I bought oem cab lights for my truck and had a friend who owns a body shop install them. They turned out great! When I see old pictures of my truck without them I realize how much it adds to the truck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I didnt even realize my truck didnt have them until I looked out the sunroof on the drive home from the dealership. It never crossed my mind I just assumed the new f250s came with them like the old ones did. Im going to get them here pretty quick!

·
Diesel junkie!!!
613 Posts
Very simple install and looks great if you do your measuring correctly. I ordered them on my 12, but put them on my 01 myself. I opted to space them evenly like the obs trucks are. Have seen some with 7 lights that actually look good.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's true I can always add them later if I want. They do look pretty sweet at night I probably should have just ordered them. I think the smoked lenses look better during the day but at night they are harder to see than the amber. I know someone who installed the clearance lights on their 7.3 and if you pull the headliner down the holes are already marked from the factory so you do not even have to measure them. Maybe this is the case with the new trucks so I wouldn't have to spend a bunch of time measuring them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My truck did not come with cab lights but a friend of the family owns a Linex near me and i had the Recon Smoked Cab lights with the LED bulbs installed on my truck and i love them. (I have those with the Recon smoked side markers and it looks awesome)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will agree that the smoked lenses look the best, I would run them if I ever decide to install the lights.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@castellscl Im not quite positive but i believe they're for showing the height and maybe width of the truck. i don't believe there are required on privately owned pickups but Ive heard they are required to have them on 18 wheelers just because of how tall the rigs can be.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts