Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can a fella find good pricing on the industrial sized jugs that guys store the WVO in?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody know?

·
Registered
221 Posts
maybe a farming suply store?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man Im a lookin. Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
if its the 5 gallon jugs you looking for,you can find them anywhere they fry at..just look in the back..they usually have emptys laying around..if its the big,like 200 gallon,i found that the public works dept here in town had a couple that they werent using..might check there..there is a manufactures tag on 1 at the shop,when i get back over there,i will get the name and number for you

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
i use jugs that came full of acid and sanitizer for the dairy farm,they are 15gal. plastic jugs,not completely clear but translucent.and you can probly find them free.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys, Im currently in a war zone and need to order some for a buddy who collecting oil for me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im actually looking for the 10-15 gallon or so that my buddy can get a few in the trunk of his car.

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Haven't seen any 10-15 gallon ones, but I've seen a lot of 5 gallon containers.

If your friend searches the Tampa, FL craigslist for vegetable oil, there's a guy selling new 5 gallon stackable poly totes for a good price.

Unless you're planning on pumping out of those 15 gallon jugs, I'd personally go with 5 gallon containers. A 15 gallon container full of veggie oil is going to weigh 120 lbs.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haven't seen any 10-15 gallon ones, but I've seen a lot of 5 gallon containers.

If your friend searches the Tampa, FL craigslist for vegetable oil, there's a guy selling new 5 gallon stackable poly totes for a good price.

Unless you're planning on pumping out of those 15 gallon jugs, I'd personally go with 5 gallon containers. A 15 gallon container full of veggie oil is going to weigh 120 lbs.
5 Gallons it is. Any idea who sells such a thing? New?

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Easiest thing to do is just ask your friend to stop by a McDonalds and ask for their throwaways for a day. They will give them to you...

Sam

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
5 Gallons it is. Any idea who sells such a thing? New?
Im deployed to a warzone and non of my friends work at Mcdonalds, any other ideas?

·
Registered
102 Posts
i dont have friends that work there either,lol....just have a buddy or some1 ask for them,or do what i did...walked out behind a restarant and look by the dumpsters..you,or whoever you send should be able to get all they want..chicken joints is a good place to look for them too....oh,and thanks for your service..stay safe..

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump

·
Keep er shinny side up!
1,624 Posts
What about 5 gallon pails that say hydrolic fluid comes in? Or anything similar. I know at our garage we go threw a ton of them and the locals come in and grab them for hauling fuel and such. Now I realize they are not clear but it may be an option.
Dave

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have a bunch from back when I had a fish tank.

I gave a $6 deposit for the jugs then payed for water by the gallon.

Any pet store that sells fish should have jugs they can sell you or something.

They're WAY better than the ones that oil comes in new, that people are refering to here...those are pretty flimsy and will fall apart sooner or later...

The ones I got from the pet store have lasted for yearts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the input guys, Im currently in a war zone and need to order some for a buddy who collecting oil for me.
War Zone? What's your general location and sitrep! Keep your head down and watch your 6!

You can usually find 5 gallon and 15 gallon heavy duty plastic jugs at car washes. I prefer the white (or opaque) ones, their easier to monitor while filling. They usually contain soap, degreaser or spot-free rinse chemicals, so make sure you rinse them really well and then get them absolutely dry befor using them.

Where are you located (or where is your freind located) I have 15 or 20 5-gallon jugs I'm storing for later.

forbey

1 - 19 of 19 Posts