Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Smarty Power!
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I know that I can get clear headlights/markers/turns on eBay, but I want to do clear cab lights, tail lights, and 3rd brake light too. The plan is to take everything to LED's, but I don't want the stock colored housings there. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
They don't make the clear cab lights anymore, I looked. :(

I think Recon has a LED 3rd brake light, $140 IIRC.

I don't think anyone makes clear taillights, I've got smoked Altezza's(ebay), and the only other options I found were blacked out Altezza's or rice(chrome) Altezza's.

Dave

·
Old But Sexy
1,945 Posts
maybe someone should send a company like reacon a letter telling them to make cab light covers for the older trucks. clear and smoked. might be worth a shot.

·
<----Simply the best.
3,594 Posts
My thoughts exactly, mine will stay yellow, even though the rest of my lights will be smoked.

Dave
Well if you are going that route you could possibly tint them. Wouldnt be as bright though I dont think.

I doubt Recon would do it. I dont think there would be enough demand to start production for them.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
There was a company that made clear covers at one time, but they no longer make them. I remember hearing about the covers blowing off at high rates of speed.....:doh:

Dave

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i put SD cab lights on mine and used recon covers. and got my maker lights off ebay and i know LMC makes an LED 3rd break light. but now i need to find some nice tail lights all of them i have found are super gay.

·
Old But Sexy
1,945 Posts
well i think a SD 3rd brake light will work. and i agree. i really dont like any taillights i like yet. i may use spray tint on them. and i have smoked headlights and i really like them.

·
THE ONE AND ONLY!
2,736 Posts
well i think a SD 3rd brake light will work. and i agree. i really dont like any taillights i like yet. i may use spray tint on them. and i have smoked headlights and i really like them.
Nope, SD 3rd brake light wont fit.. :mad:

I have these on mine, they are smoked. ;)

http://www.northtexaspowerstrokes.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=270

Clear Cab lights...No one makes them anymore, Sorry...BUT i have 2 sets ! :poke:

http://www.northtexaspowerstrokes.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=309

·
Old But Sexy
1,945 Posts
Big K. you willing to get rid of a set? they look bada**. if not i may try spray tinting mine

·
Old But Sexy
1,945 Posts
nah. i'll tint mine and hope it turns out ok. i wish i could find a few sets cheap. could make some money.

·
THE ONE AND ONLY!
2,736 Posts
I think it was APC that used to make them. I don't know why they stopped, guess there was no market at the time.
Went Belly up and was bought by another company....alot of parts are made anymore...:(

1 - 20 of 31 Posts