Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like crap after 7-8 years and ya cant polish it with the clear coat on...

Any ideas? Mostly its the top from diesel splashing up on it and water just sitting there.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
My dads box did the same thing. What about getting it acid washed or something to strip all the clear and then re-clear it?

For maintaining the clear on these boxes is it just the same as the clear coat on the truck? Some polishing compound and wax maybe?

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Weathergaurd products just suck man. I have a back rack from them and its the crapiest thing i've ever seen. Very poor quality.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Weathergaurd products just suck man. I have a back rack from them and its the crapiest thing i've ever seen. Very poor quality.
Opinions vary... I love my weather guard boxes... Next to Protech they are the best on the market. I have had this box for 7 years without issue other then the clear coat as of the last year.

I had a Protech box before that and it was good too, but the same thing happened after a few years.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Maybe you just got a bad one, or they suck when it comes to back racks, but from every box I have seen they will generally out last the truck even when used to the max.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts