Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys do to shine up your vinyl tonneau covers. Leather cleaner or something else? Just looking for something that wont run if it rains and make the paint look like crap.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
this may sound like a stupid question but is it a soft one? If so i would suggest some Adam's VRT.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah its a soft vinyl cover. Im looking to get something I can just buy at an auto parts store. Its short notice cuase I am putting the truck in the show n shine at the indy 4x4 jamboree this weekend

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
You might try tire shine or some armor all wipes or something?

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I thought about tire shine Ive just seen that stuff run too much. Ive also tried some vinyl cleaner and that just runs everywhere. I know Ive heard of using certain leather cleaners though

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Pretty much anything and everything you're going to find is going to run. Trust me, I've tried almost all of it.

I did find something that doesn't run, but you won't be able to get it on short notice. Its a special order product....can't remember what the hell its called but I have a bottle of it in my garage.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Another vote for Adam's VRT. Best over the counter alternative I think would be Turtle Wax F21 Super Protectant (green spray bottle). I was really impressed with this stuff when I used it detailing my dad's truck. Doesn't attract dust like ArmorAll Natural Finish Detailer.

·
Diesel Nut
510 Posts
Do not use any petrolium based products such as Armor All or STP Son of a Gun. They will dry out and shrink the vinyl. I use Formula 303. It works pretty good and won't shrink the vinyl but it does leave run marks on the truck.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I got some armor all wipes so Ill give those a shot first. thanks for all the tips guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts