Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will Napa CRC QD Electronic cleaner help clean the exhaust sensor on the front of the engine? And, has somebody seen real value out of this project? The system has to have a function or they would not have installed it. Let's hear it. Quality guidance on this project would be appreciated.

The Gov

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you are cleaning the wire connection that would be the cleaner to use. I think your talking about cleaning the tube and inside the sensor. For that you need a cleaner the will dissolve exhaust soot. When I cleaned mine, I had to snake the tube out with weed wacker line, the tube was totally obstructed. I think I used pb blaster and brake cleaner. It did improve mileage by 1 maybe 2 mpg.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes , the cleaning of the exaust side of the sensor is the question..? The use of breaks cleaner would not be a problem for the sensor? That is what concerned me, now is the time to be asking questions not after all hell breaks loose,, " where can i buy a sensor" Would the use of a ear swab help the cleaning of the sender? Give it up, the best way to clean the sensor itself?? Diaphram cleaning is my concern? The Gov

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Atempted to clean the sensor , got nowhere The tube into the manifold failed to unscrew Hit the threads with pen oil well ahead of starting and all looked good. The tube cap started to release and all looked good..The fitting got tight again as backing off, more oil and turning in and out did not help ,, must have stripped some threads? All is well, why am i doing this ? After all in place is a new 4 inch system replacing the 3 inch that had much more resistance and PHP electronic system overriding the stock program.. How can the pea hole in that tube effect the 300 hp engine at work. At this time aprox 15 mpg in and out of town light driving ..The cost of complete Bp system matches up with a complete maintenance program and all are pleased to complete, is replacing or maintance on the back pressure system worth it or just hissed work? Retightend the tube fitting at end of tube at manifold and all looks good. Trimmed the shield under fender well for easy access to the pipe,tube..Maybee order compleat system and go at it again.. Please disregard my poor spelling, its the thought that counts.. The GOV Holmes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts