Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a uppipe leaking badly and now finally fixed it but I have alot of soot covering every thing under the hood. I was wondering if there was anthing thing that would help get it off short of hand scubbing it off. Thanks

·
Registered
691 Posts
spray down the whole engine bay with some purple power or something along those lines let it soak in hit it again let it sit hit it again let it sit, wash it off. if you have a pressure washer even better repeat if necessary. just did mine today :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
How bout good ol engine degreaser? that stuff seems to cut pretty much anything down. or even simple green with a highly concentrated batch

·
Registered
165 Posts
spray down the whole engine bay with some purple power or something along those lines let it soak in hit it again let it sit hit it again let it sit, wash it off. if you have a pressure washer even better repeat if necessary. just did mine today :D
+1 on the purple power or Casterol super clean, Best #### there is.... just dont use full strength on aluminum it will tarnish and start corroding it...

·
Registered
772 Posts
+1 on the purple power or Casterol super clean, Best #### there is.... just dont use full strength on aluminum it will tarnish and start corroding it...
Learned that the hard way.... be sure not to use it on those alumium fuel and oil caps. I cleaned mine with purple power right after I installed them :doh:

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
I got a buttload of engine degreaser. Would that work on the plastic and all?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts