Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Quality Built!
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I got some rear seats out of a 05 truck today and they have been out in the weather for a year, the truck has had all the windows broken an so its been exposed to the rain something bad and was mildewed a bit I have taken some Miguires to it today and cleaned a great bit of it up but some of the deeper stuff I have had issues with it. What do you all recommend for these old Lariat Leather seats?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Take the seat covers off and be sure there is no mold/mildew in the padding. If so you will need to try to get rid of it. The leather will seperate from the seat easily from the bottom part. The top part is a bit harder. There are clips like C clips bent together on the top. Be careful and when it gets tough to pull up, stop, and look for clips.

Not sure about the deeper dirt in the cover itself though. Try useing a light scrub brush in a small test area to see if it will damage it. If it does not effect it, use the scrub brush and allow the leather cleaner to soak in a little bit and do the actual covers while they are installed over the frame. That would be the route I would take in trying to clean.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm not sure about the leather on seats but a trick I've used for my work boots to remove the potash from the leather after a few months, is to rub them down with GoJo (the hand cleaner with the pumice stuff in it). It will work the minerals and stuff out better than washing them but like I said, I'm not sure how it would affect the seats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts