Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do ya'll use clean and paint, and what color! Pics requested.... I'm going to have to decide here soon.

I'm thinking silver but that might be too "white," I'm not sure. Maybe blue with silver i/c tubes or IH red with silver I/C tubes???

·
Registered
403 Posts
What do ya'll use clean and paint, and what color! Pics requested.... I'm going to have to decide here soon.

I'm thinking silver but that might be too "white," I'm not sure. Maybe blue with silver i/c tubes or IH red with silver I/C tubes???
IH Red Buddy!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Match it to the dark color on you truck. Tubes, the light color or black is always good.

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Match it to the dark color on you truck. Tubes, the light color or black is always good.
The only reason I don't like that idea is because I figured it would be easier to see oil/soot leaks on a lighter color. However, a dark gray motor with light gray tubes would match and probably look nice.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Yeah but these things don't leakLOL

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why am I pulling this thing again?

Oh yeah, cause I like doing it so much :postwhore2:

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
Marty~

brake clean works realllly well to clean the cast iron....but it's still going to flake.

We picked up a big (heated) engine washer tank a few months back that will get the oil out that soaks into the cast iron...

I'd get a case of brake cleaner (O'Reillys brand evaporates nice & clean), and use compressed air to blow the engine off...

as far as the color...I prefer Ford blue, or IH red...

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Motor is coming out to paint... :lookaround: :poke:
Well the trans was out to go to Brian, and the turbo was already off. It was minimal amount of effort to bring her out the rest of the way.

Remember this?

Yeah... there is still oil in places you can't get to when the motor is in there and it's irritating.

Black.

And throw some real rods in it while it's apart, errr I mean out! :D
Can't see leaks with black LOL

And uhh... what do I need rods for :poke:

Marty~

brake clean works realllly well to clean the cast iron....but it's still going to flake.

We picked up a big (heated) engine washer tank a few months back that will get the oil out that soaks into the cast iron...

I'd get a case of brake cleaner (O'Reillys brand evaporates nice & clean), and use compressed air to blow the engine off...

as far as the color...I prefer Ford blue, or IH red...
Thanks! I like blue with silver i/c tubes or gray with silver i/c tubes.

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
IH red FTW!!

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
Funny I am doing the same thing right now. I picked up ford dark blue and am going to paint it that color. Here is a preview of mine. On edit it is dupli-color brand.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That looks very nice. How'd the girly feel about doing that in the basement LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts