Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a new diesle owner,i own a 2008 f-350 king ranch bought a few years ago. my cleaning exhaust code keeps coming on and truck blows the whiteish blue smoke , im just allarmed it is happening a little to much, truck went in 2 years ago for radiator recall and they relaced egr at that time also.i have plans to install a flo-pro 5' exhaust , cold air intake, and poss. a spartan tuner. Any comments or suggestions on anything i have mentioned would be greatly app. Or any ideas on the best thing to do to obtain the best performance and fuell milleage.

·
401 Posts
All tuners are a preference. If you stick with H&S, Innovative, KEM or Spartan you will be good. Most will give you the opinion on what they bought but they are all good. I prefer Innovative because I have had his tuning on other trucks plus he has great tranny tunes. I have read the KEM does also but why change if I am happy with what I have.
If you dont plan on racing the truck or running the crap out of a race tune all the time, I have had good luck with the AFE drop in filter. Flows more than stock because I was sucking the filter minder in with the stock filter but it has not moved with the AFE. plus it will save you some dough.

·
Registered
479 Posts
^^whs

Tuners are all preference. Everyone will give you a different answer. I run Spartans tunes on my truck and daily drive the 310. I love it especially since now all their tunes are the same price and you have the option for a late lock up or early lock up.

Jeff from spartan is very knowledgable and always helpful as well. You can pm him if you have any questions his screen name is 08stroker250.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts