Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing my turbo on my e99 and going with an 02 van turbo it was shipped in a box with other greasy dirty parts I was wondering if it be ok to spay it all out with carb or brake cleaner and blow dry with my shop air or could I possibly harm something this way? Also I heard an exhaust adapter is needed to run this turbo is that correct? I got the up pipes y pleniums. and the intake spider is on the way. Also is the 02 wheel better for bottom end or should I switch to a wicked wheel before I install it. I have a 6speed so having bottom ends probably a bit better than upper

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was cheap and my turbo now has so much shaft play im scared to run it. so you think its worth selling and getting a 99.5 truck turbo? im new to powerstrokes and turbos in general.

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
Hopefully the up pipes are good. You might could sell or trade that van turbo for a truck turbo. With a manual I think the stock .84 exhaust housin would work well or a 1.0 at max

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how can you tell if the up pipes are good they arent rusty or dented or anything. i read a post someone else put up that had a van turbo with a 6 speed he said it lagged a little until 1500-1600 then would boost up fast and raised his mpg a little with lower egts. i really want to run it because its non waste gated and i allready have it here my trucks not gona be a race or pull truck or anything but i dont want to drive a complete pig eaither.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Look at the tips of the up pipes do they look like a rat chewed them.
If not do a search for felpro and up pipe gasket...2-3 dollars and your sealed.

If not dorman bellowed on amazon are decent pricewise.

And qs in the exhaust housing etc i would ask beans diesel performance...i know he sells them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts