Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cleaned my fuel bowl and screens yesterday. The bottom of the bowl was nasty. The screen in the little canister was a little dirty. But the tiny screen between the regulator and bowl was almost clogged.
I took it out to remove and plug the hole where the restrictor sensor is at, because it was leaking. I noticed when I put everything back together, that the bowl heater had come loose. I also stretched my regulator spring a little, in hopes of boosting fuel pressure a bit.
This morning, it was 37 degrees out. I started the truck, and the blue smoke was terrible. It was so rich with raw fuel, it burned my eyes. It was so bad, I couldn't stand to let the truck warm up.
But after driving it and letting it get warm, most of the smell (not all) has gone away. I hauled a 6000lb International Travelall on my trailer for about 30 miles. Truck runs fine. Just stinks.
What did I do wrong? There's no way I can let this go. Gotta fix it.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
sounds like your truck is getting the fuel it should be now. i wouldnt be worried. alot of diesels ive been around will burn your eyes. my obs does the same thing... you didnt do anything wrong

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.