Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you all make your black trucks looks so good? i have tried every kind of car was and wax on the market and my truck never reallly looks great. In the sun you can still see the swirl marks and it makes me angry. so im open to anyone opinions on how to keep your truck in tip top shape and what your process is that you use.

TIA,
Trip

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thats the best i can get my truck but looking dead at it you can still see swirls in the sun light

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i used that on my brothers duramax and it seemed to work well so i guess in the spring ill give it a try on my truck.

·
Keep er shinny side up!
1,624 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what is a good price for someone to wax and buff a truck?

·
Big Plans
784 Posts
you all ever wax and buff your trucks?
mine needs to get buffed pretty bad right now...i think im gonna have them do a light sand on the clear coat then buff it out...it'll look almost new again

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
my old truck was black, i used showcar banana wax and always used a buffer.
if you dont own one no more then the average person uses one get one from walmart.
I could never make a truck look right doing it by hand

·
No 6.0
625 Posts
Keeping black clean is a process. I wouldn't just run straight to wet sanding, especially with factory paint. Wetsanding should be one of your last resort choices. No wax is going to fix your swirls. I'm going to send you a PM with the name of a guy who is out of LaGrange. He's one of the best around.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
I had my truck wetsanded and buffed... it was right around $400. But it made a big difference.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
I've got a lot of surface scratches on mine, as the truck was a farm truck. I'm probably going to get it wet sanded and buffed this spring, as almost all of the scratchs do not go past the clear coat.

I'm thinking a wet sand and buff on a black truck will be worth it.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
If you want to get those swirl marks out it is relatively easy to do yourself, just need the right products. clay bar, then it depends on how bad it is. I used Menzerna micro polish and it works great. Follow with a less aggressive polish and then a wax. Want it to last months, use a paint sealant like Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant, have some haven't gotten to use it yet. Check out this website, has learning vids, write ups and all you need to get going on the right tract. Ohh and put aside a whole day too. LOL

http://http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha trust me i know, it took be 4 hours to wax this with a friend helping

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Time consuming but worth it if you get the results you are after. Especially when people ask who details it and you can proudly say I do!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts