Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use a specific clay bar kit that worked really well? I have a white truck so going to be a pain. Was looking into the Meguiar's or Mother's brand. Anyone have any other suggestions?

·
401 Posts
I usually buy the the Blue Magic one if I dont get one off the internet. Get the one that is finer if you have a choice.
Also you dont need the kit.
Wash the truck with dish soap.
Spray the truck off.
Use the sponge, rag, etc. to get some of the soap on the truck.
Clay away.
Use the dish soap for the lubricant is much cheaper. No need in wasting detailing spray.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i went and got the meguiars kit today it was only 18 bucks. just the bars were like $20 dollars but they may have been more grams but i just went with the kit. i tried just using water for lube and that seemed to slip and slide just fine too. adding soap may be better though

·
Registered
242 Posts
I own a detail shop and I use blue magic. I use detail spray or you can use water. Make sure you use alot of it.

·
PSN Veteran
759 Posts
I have used meguires, eagle one ice i think it was and I am currently using mothers. All have worked great. And like mentioned use plenty of water, detailing spray or soapwater

·
Registered
58 Posts
X2 on the Adam's!!! I have not used any of their products that are not hte best I have used.

Chris

·
Registered
601 Posts
The meguiars bars seem to drag a lot. I like the Zaino bars and Blue Magic. Optimum No Rinse 2oz/GAL works well as a lubricant. Or any QD.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Clay bar with Blue Magic with Lucas spray wax. Works awsome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts