Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for a Class V rated receiver for an OBS? I am getting ready to start towing my 32' tag trailer with two race cars inside, and with all the tools and crap it will likely exceed the Class IV rating. I would prefer to stick with a 2" tube but would consider 2.5".

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Reese is the only maufacture other than ford who makes a class V

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Any recommendations for a Class V rated receiver for an OBS? I am getting ready to start towing my 32' tag trailer with two race cars inside, and with all the tools and crap it will likely exceed the Class IV rating. I would prefer to stick with a 2" tube but would consider 2.5".

Thanks,
Michael Pliska
if your exceeding a class 4 then i would recommend converting it to a gooseneck hitch, way nicer to pull, and a 30k ball in the back dont hurt anything either

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Reese Titan. It is a 2.5" but I just bought a reducer for it.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if your exceeding a class 4 then i would recommend converting it to a gooseneck hitch, way nicer to pull, and a 30k ball in the back dont hurt anything either
I should have mentioned - I also haul a slide-in camper on my truck when I tow, so no bed space!

Reese Titan. It is a 2.5" but I just bought a reducer for it.
I was looking at that one, but holy crap they are proud of it (over $400 at the websites I found).

Has anyone tried a Curt class V? See the C15511 about halfway down this page:
Hitches, Receiver Hitches; Hitches Online

I have heard of good things about Curt, and I like the quality of the Curt ball mount I have.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Does your camper overhang the rear of the truck at all or can you use a regular ball mount towing with the camper on? I have the Titan on my truck and like it. I also have the long extension bar to use with the camper. The hitch adapter to use a 2" in inch ball mount is small pain but not too bad. They are increadibly easy to loose as you forget to remove them. I have lost one and have picked up several off the road. I figure it always gives me the options to use a 2.5" bal mount though if I have to tow something big and heavy.

·
Registered
262 Posts
You might consider a Reunel bumper.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
I should have mentioned - I also haul a slide-in camper on my truck when I tow, so no bed space!

I was looking at that one, but holy crap they are proud of it (over $400 at the websites I found).

Has anyone tried a Curt class V? See the C15511 about halfway down this page:
Hitches, Receiver Hitches; Hitches Online

I have heard of good things about Curt, and I like the quality of the Curt ball mount I have.
Wow really? when I bought my Titan for my other truck it was only 285.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does your camper overhang the rear of the truck at all or can you use a regular ball mount towing with the camper on? I have the Titan on my truck and like it. I also have the long extension bar to use with the camper. The hitch adapter to use a 2" in inch ball mount is small pain but not too bad. They are increadibly easy to loose as you forget to remove them. I have lost one and have picked up several off the road. I figure it always gives me the options to use a 2.5" bal mount though if I have to tow something big and heavy.
Tom,
I think I found one in the road a couple of weeks ago, I tossed it in a corner of my garage, I'll have to look at it tonight. My camper does overhang, the back of the camper is 24" behind the hitch pin location. Fortunately I have long tongues on both of my trailers and they just barely fit without an extension. I wouldn't mind getting a short extension to allow me full jacknife capability when backing up. Maybe I could build or buy one that combines the 2.5" to 2" adapter and gives be 6" more room.
Wow really? when I bought my Titan for my other truck it was only 285.
The first two websites I found were both over $400 so I quit looking. I just found one that had a non-vehicle-specific price of $327, but their vehicle selector guide wasn't working.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts