Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am wiring my xm radio and plugged it in to the cigarette lighter and of course its not working. I checked the fuse for the lighter port and its good. Any other fuses tied to the lighter port? I pushed the lighter in and it does not get hot. The "power port" works fine. The CEL comes on during the instrument panel test. Any ideas?

Nick

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have the same issue with my truck too. It was intermittent at first and now it doesn't work. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to probe around with a test light and see if the socket is getting juice, I would assume so since the fuse is good. I'll post up after the fact. Maybe the socket itself is no good.

Nick

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
I had the same problem except my OBDII didn't work either. I pulled the fuse and it looked fine but I replaced it anyways and it's worked ever since.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, I'll give that a shot just in case. Both sides of the fuse worked when i tested it but there is always a chance. Thanks for the tip!

Nick

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem. The way I see it; a fuse is a helluva lot cheaper than a new set of batteries or an ALT; especially at Ford prices :eek: lol

Well I'll be damned....Replaced the fuse and it works! You're darn right with the fuse being cheaper too. Thanks for the pointer on this, I most likely would have looked right over the fuse since it tested good and ordered a new socket only to find it not work haha. Much thanks!!!

Nick

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
Well I'll be damned....Replaced the fuse and it works! You're darn right with the fuse being cheaper too. Thanks for the pointer on this, I most likely would have looked right over the fuse since it tested good and ordered a new socket only to find it not work haha. Much thanks!!!

Nick
Haha, no problem man. That's what we are here for! Glad I could help you out.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Much appreciated! :rockon:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts