Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you chrome guys keep your wheels clean I have 20x12 fuel throttles and I can't keep them clean for more than a day water marks are the worst on the lips

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've used stove stop cleaner on chrome parts of my truck. Works pretty good. Not sure how it will do on wheels but its worth a shot!

·
Powerstroke Expert
427 Posts
Chrome wheels are difficult to deal to deal with. Should the slightest imperfection occur in the finish, you run the risk of contaminants getting between the chrome and the wheel, eventually causing the chrome finish to lift and peel away. So chrome-plated wheels need to be kept extremely clean to minimize this possibility.Using a specially formulated chrome wheel cleaner will lift dirt and grime off the surface without harming the chrome finish. Have you tried Mothers Pro-Strength Chrome Wheel Cleaner: Mothers® 05824 - Pro-Strength Chrome Wheel Cleaner ? It is formulated to work most effectively on all applications of chrome to penetrate and free brake dust, grease, dirt, and grime on spokes and other areas that are harder to reach.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I'll try those this week has anyone messes with waxing them... Does it keep them from getting as bad

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts