Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need chrome door handles for a Crew Cab (so 4 handles) and the tailgate handle.

I want replacement handles though, not just the stick on covers.

Looking for a friend.

Thanx

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Those arent replacement handles meat-head!!! Those are the stick on. I dont think u will find replacement handles. The stick on are kinda pricey in the first place. I have never seen actual replacement handles for our trucks, they have always been the stick on style

·
DI POWER
1,278 Posts
Stylintrucks.com has chrome or replacement handles.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those arent replacement handles meat-head!!! Those are the stick on. I dont think u will find replacement handles. The stick on are kinda pricey in the first place. I have never seen actual replacement handles for our trucks, they have always been the stick on style
DAMMIT!!!!

They have replacement handles on ebay, only for supercab though. I guess you could order 2 sets.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Kenny.

Those are spendy but the real deal.

I wish they showed an actual picture of them though. Don't know if they're just the handle or the handle and replacement for the plastic around it.

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
I sold a set of the complete replacement handles to a friend and the drivers door handle broke within two months and the passenger one lasted 6 months. They just didn't seem to be quaulity products like the stockers.

I say buy the stick on ones...

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's about the conclusion I've come to.

The SS covers would actually make the stock handles stronger, rather than buying weaker handles.

The Billet handle should be tough, but would look stupid without the surrounding plastic in billet, or painted to match the doors.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Personally I'd stay away from the stick on chrome handles. I worked on a truck that had em & the handle would only open half way. Still enough to open the door but just always felt kinda cheap to me.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Personally I'd stay away from the stick on chrome handles. I worked on a truck that had em & the handle would only open half way. Still enough to open the door but just always felt kinda cheap to me.
The covers have to be on completely straight and even and centered or the handles will stick. i have them and have never had a problem, had them for about 4 years now

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
The covers have to be on completely straight and even and centered or the handles will stick. i have them and have never had a problem, had them for about 4 years now
The truck I worked on that had em was a HARD used crew cab. Same truck that had it's oil changed every 15k just to help "cut costs".....:poke:
I can see how when done right would be better, but done incorrectly would give it the "cheap" feel.

·
DI POWER
1,278 Posts
DITTO, Ive had mine on for 5yrs and no problem.

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
The ones I put on my truck is just a piece of stainless that goes over the actual handle. Not the entire set-up. You might be able to see them in my pics...

plus they only cost me $20 for all four

1 - 20 of 22 Posts