Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
dragster5150
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a question and have no idea if I'm doing this right. I have a 2000 f350 7.3 with what I believe to be the cts1 as a power chip. I have 37x14 wide tires and a 4 door long bed. I keep hearing hydra tunes are best. I run my tuner on the 2nd power setting just to have power to move my truck with a bigger turbo and 4" turbo back exhaust. Ok so my true question. can I run hydra tunes on the chip I have now or do I have to change things all over? and I really like monitoring with my cts I have now so can I keep it? help

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,289 Posts
The cts is just a monitor I believe. I don't think its a tuner. If you get hydra tunes you get the adjustable tuner with it. And vise versa.

·
PSN intsigator
6,111 Posts
I believe there is a stock setting for the edge cts, once you have it set to stock you can use it as a monitor and go with the hydra. But it might be worth a phone call to Swamps or KT Performance

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Cts2 - the select version will monitor and run tunes. Go check out edge out.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I keep hearing hydra tunes are best...Ok so my true question. can I run hydra tunes on the chip I have now or do I have to change things all over?
Hydra is a programming platform that many tuners write for. It is a great way to use tunes from different vendors.

I don't think that programs written for the Hydra platform will work on others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts