Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Pennsylvania Coal Roller
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have figured its about time for me to fall into the craze of chipping my rig. My only delimia is what one to choose. First off let me give you some basics besides what I have done to my truck already(listed at bottom of the post) I do not want to mess with internals i.e. bigger injectors, turbo ect. the expensive stuff. I would like to keep it moderatly stock with a little more kick,safely. Although I do plan on up grading my tranny to a BTS thats about it. So I have seen so many chips and options I am not sure what to get that best suits my truck and gives me ultimate dirvabilty and econcomy without breaking the bank. Your input would be much appricated.

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
Matt's (gearhead) tunes are excellent. the power comes on nice and smooth, and i've noticed a HUGE jump in mpg on one of his tunes.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Matt has some good tunes. Especially since you have PMR's. He gets my vote!
His user name is mattr66 incase you want to PM him. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Bill at Power Hungry Performance, very knowledgable, very smooth tunes.

·
Registered
900 Posts
No matter who you get tuning from you should get a TS style chip as probably around 95% of our sponsors who tune use this style of chip so if you ever want to change who does your tuning its as easy as jsut sending the chip to them rather than buying a new chip. As far as who tunes it I would recommend either johnathan at Swamps or Matt at gearhead

·
Registered
920 Posts
I have figured its about time for me to fall into the craze of chipping my rig. My only delimia is what one to choose. First off let me give you some basics besides what I have done to my truck already(listed at bottom of the post) I do not want to mess with internals i.e. bigger injectors, turbo ect. the expensive stuff. I would like to keep it moderatly stock with a little more kick,safely. Although I do plan on up grading my tranny to a BTS thats about it. So I have seen so many chips and options I am not sure what to get that best suits my truck and gives me ultimate dirvabilty and econcomy without breaking the bank. Your input would be much appricated.
I would get gauges before doing the chip. Several vendors offer both. I currently run a chip from Bill at PHP (Sponsor) and I am very happy with how my truck performs. You might post in the vendors section looking for a package deal on tunes and guages and see what kind of response you get.

·
Pennsylvania Coal Roller
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would get gauges before doing the chip. Several vendors offer both. I currently run a chip from Bill at PHP (Sponsor) and I am very happy with how my truck performs. You might post in the vendors section looking for a package deal on tunes and guages and see what kind of response you get.
Thanks,good idea. The only reason I didnt post in the vendors is because I wanted a responce from real people with real answers, not trying to sell me something.

·
Woman Driver
235 Posts
Thanks,good idea. The only reason I didnt post in the vendors is because I wanted a responce from real people with real answers, not trying to sell me something.
That's what you would've got. Real answers, real people.

Just sayin'

·
Pennsylvania Coal Roller
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess I underestimated the integrity of the vendors. my last post was in no way intended to offend anyone including the vendors. I just wasnt familiar with the way the vendors ran.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
like said you wouldve gotten real answers from real people, im curious about this tuning from matt that good MPG comes from.

·
Registered
666 Posts
just make sure when u get your chip the is shift smooth(my last chip didnt shift smooth). from what i undertsand is the 02's hang in first gear alittle as it goes to 2nd and if the tuner doesnt get that dialed in correctly u will be buying a new TC like im am after 6 months.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
like said you wouldve gotten real answers from real people, im curious about this tuning from matt that good MPG comes from.
I think you'd be quite happy with Matt's tunes -- and he's a great guy, too. :D

·
<< wasted fuel >>
1,566 Posts
i have a lot of good thing's about matts' tunes and he is one of the nicest guy's to speak with but i like the swamps tunes my self and thier customer service is top notch as so at gearhead also.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
How many options do you want? One tune or five? With a stock setup (injectors and turbo) you could pick any of the sponsors as it just depends on what flavor you like. All of them will work with you on what you want.

And since no one else will say it, I am still perfectly happy with my DP tunes after 200K combined miles of use. I had a fleeting chance to try Matt's tunes and am sorry I let the opportunity slip away - just to try something different.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I love my tunes from Matt. :bowfast:

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Well tunes are no problem..php, di, dp, tw, swamps, bts, beans all good.
You say you don't want to mess with internals...but I would recomend a wicked wheel from dieselsite or a similar vendor..as once you get chiped you will have gauges and see the surge you are already getting, the chip will prob make it worse. Also donlt be afraid to step up to stage 1 or 2 injectors if yours go bad, say after a couple hundred thousand miles...same for the turbo. If it anint broke don't fix it, but if it breaks upgrade it.
Same thing for the brake rotors, when they warp go to a powerslot rotor and hawk lts pads.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.