Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 ford excursion 7.3 and it was chipped when I bought it I'm new to this chipping process but how do I get it my 7.3 back to factory settings

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
If it is a chip and not a programmer, just remove the chip from the PCM (with the keys OUT of the ignition). This will put you back to the factory setting. If it is programmed, you will either need the original programmer, take it to a Ford dealership for a stock flash, or send the PCM to us for a stock flash.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How can I tell the difference

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
If you have a chip, there will be a wire hanging out of your pcm, and a knob somewhere

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It must be programmed because I don't have a knob anywhere

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much is it to get it reprogrammed?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have a number I can text picture to can't get it to post on here

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could you tell me the cost of reprogramming

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
If you click on the link, yes. I'm not sure how you did it, but if you do it right, if you copy and paste the image code on here, the image will show on the forum and not just post a link to another site

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ic so when I reprogram it I'm looking at a ts chip it just goes in?

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
There's probably several write ups online if you google 7.3 chip installation. Its pretty simple

·
Potato Nation Member
74 Posts
If it is a chip and not a programmer, just remove the chip from the PCM (with the keys OUT of the ignition). This will put you back to the factory setting. If it is programmed, you will either need the original programmer, take it to a Ford dealership for a stock flash, or send the PCM to us for a stock flash.
I am about to replace my old Edge/Juice combo with a PHP Hydra (Sorry Justin!). I have had the Edge/Juice for a while and I don't think it has been working for a while, there doesn't seem to be any difference between the lowest and highest "Extreme" settings.

Do you think that I should take the PCM in and have it flashed at the Ford dealership prior to installing the chip?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So if I get my PCM reprogrammed to stock and then install the Ts chip with stock setting in one of the 6 positions it will work?

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
So if I get my PCM reprogrammed to stock and then install the Ts chip with stock setting in one of the 6 positions it will work?
There's no need for a stock setting on a chip really. I don't know why you would want one anyways lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MPG drive 50 miles of highway daily. But I have heard of people doing +75hp as daily tune or something like that

1 - 20 of 23 Posts