Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if a dp f5 chip that is programmed for a 02 f250 7.3l would work in my 97 f350 without getting reprogrammed. Both trucks are automatics just not sure how much the motor programming differs. Any answer would be appreciated.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I was just wondering if a dp f5 chip that is programmed for a 02 f250 7.3l would work in my 97 f350 without getting reprogrammed. Both trucks are automatics just not sure how much the motor programming differs. Any answer would be appreciated.
I am going to say it will not work as those newer motors ran on split shot injectors where ours run on single shot injectors.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,334 Posts
Plain and simple NO. The only way a used chip will work, is if it is programed for the SAME ECM code as YOURS. BTW there are probably 10-15 different codes PER YEAR

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
The chip will require a reburn. We can help you out with that. The only way a chip will swap from one truck to another is if they have the same DPC code on the PCM. A 1997 and a 2002 will not have the same code.

Feel free to contact me for more info about the reburn, or check out our reburn page HERE.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts