71 Posts
You will be mad you waited this long.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Follow-up...
I have added the Donaldson
(NAPA6637), 4” turbo back, and the PHP HYDRA!! All I can say is wow! Yes, why did I wait so long? Brought this truck to life. The 80hp daily driver is perfect. Can’t wait to hook it to be 30ft travel trailer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Now you just have to control the addiction! :smirk:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Follow-up...
I have added the Donaldson
(NAPA6637), 4” turbo back, and the PHP HYDRA!! All I can say is wow! Yes, why did I wait so long? Brought this truck to life. The 80hp daily driver is perfect. Can’t wait to hook it to be 30ft travel trailer.
Wondering if you have played with pulling the camper yet? I have the same exhaust and intake and was thinking about getting a PHP for pulling my 5er. Are you still running a stock tranny?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I pull a 35 ft travel trailer 10,000 lbs with the same set up plus the kc38r. Stock tranny sma it has held up fine. Just keep your tranny fluid changed and your eye on your tranny temp gauge.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
I pull a 35 ft travel trailer 10,000 lbs with the same set up plus the kc38r. Stock tranny sma it has held up fine. Just keep your tranny fluid changed and your eye on your tranny temp gauge.

Awesome, thanks for the reply.

Do you have custom tunes on the hydra or did you just go with the stock ones?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just stock for now until I get my new single shot 180/30 injectors.

Other rv'ers have told me that with the stock tunes it didnt shift very well when pulling their camper. As in not shift quick enough putting extra wear on the converter and raising the tranny temps when pulling.

You have any issues at all like that? Also what stock tune do you run on the hydra when you are pulling you camper?

Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
Mine shifts like it's supposed to. I use the 25 hp tow tune only because I tow through the mountains. If we were to take a beach trip I could use my 40 or 60 tow tune I'm sure with no problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You definitely need a set of good gauges if you do not have them already.

Thank you so much, you have been a great help. I appreciate it.

For gauges I have a double pod piller with EGT and trans temp then a project I just finished with an old nexus tablet I had laying around :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts