Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a banks six position in my 97 PSD and all it has is a straight pipe. well it didnt seem like it made enough boost to pull hills with 4500 pounds on a trailer. i had to down shift and made the hill at 50 mph. the other day i hooked up a computer at work to see the boost level. with it on any of the power levels it only made 17 psi of boost. while at the stock level it made 18 psi. for anyone that has a banks chip is this normal? might i have a leak somewhere?

thanks for any help

·
Gone Broke
1,072 Posts
put a intake on it and ditch the banks. get a custom burned chip. id go with matt @ Gearhead automotive

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Banks will be less power then even a ts chip with canned tunes. My vote is custom tunes by any of the great tuners on here that use a ts chip.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so its not like i have leak or anything. which is good. its got a rigger nigged intake on it. i want a 6 position chip from beans or swamps so when i get the money i will do that then.

thanks for your inputs guys :D

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
If your truck has over 100k on it then it most likely has a leak. All 3 obs powerstrokes I have owned have leaked where the up-ipes meet the collector for the turbo. Your leak if you do have one is not bad if you are hiting 18lbs stock though. If you lay on the floor and get a light and look up at where the up-pipes meet you can tell if it leaks because there will be soot on the pipes.
And as all the others said get a custom chip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts