Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1999 Power stroke automatic and i'm wanting to put a chip/programmer on it with out blowing the tranny. I had a 1995 with a ts and stage I injectors on it and it was to much i do alot of towing and i'm looking for something to kick it in the a$$. I been asking about the sct programmer but no one seems to think to highly about it. Any Suggestions?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
In reality, check the site sponsor list. ANY tuning you can get from them is going to be good.

Just my opinion, get a multi-position chip vs. a programmer. VERY MUCH worth the little added installation headache.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
why do people post before doing a search on this subject that has been covered so many times before? as said above cheack out the sponsor section. have a good day

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
why do people post before doing a search on this subject that has been covered so many times before? as said above cheack out the sponsor section. have a good day
You could have just as easily answered his question. Who cares if he started another thread? Sometimes you get better answers starting your own thread than searching through a ton of posts looking for what you want to know...

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts

Wow... Nice take on a newbe... I bet if I go back and do a quick search I could find a few threads by you that could be held to the same though...

I have run about ever tuner out there, But like was said above, pick one and run.

Swamps will be on my new motor...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
DPTuner!! I love mine.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know it depends on just about every thing in the book but what kind of influence would a dp have on a stock tranny?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
The tranny controls he put in mine for towing are great. I also have a John Wood valve body and it doesn't resemble a stock tranny at all. It's great. The combination of the jwvalve body and the dp are the best thing I have done to the truck. If you tow this is the combination you want!! If you go this route do the valve body first and he can tune the chip accordingly. You won't believe the difference. I also suggest the decell tune

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
ok so about earlier just should have just answered the question at hand. i went with tony wildman and his tunes along with the trans go shift kit that me and a buddy installed(cheaper then buying the valve body) are great together. even alone the shift kit made the truck better, either barely feel it or i dont feel the shift at all.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where did you all get them from?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can't go wrong with Total Diesel Performance Wildman 6 pos chip. I had the bully dog first and it worked ok but the Wildman chip rocks. I tow about 14K pounds with a 2003 7.3l and it works great. The street race will push you back in the seat.....
I would recommend the ASIS Intake system as well. Its expensive but not as expensive as a new turbo (stay away from the K&N)..... I have had budies blow their turbos by using those things. The zoodad and Fendor mods are also worth it since they are basically free. Oh make sure and get the overboost anilator on there before you get the chip so you dont throw overboost codes and have to fight defueling issues......
One of the best mods I have installed is the high pressure oil x-over line...
50.00 and 30 minutes later my engine runs so smooth at highway speeds you hear nothing but a slight turbo whistle.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts