Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just boutgh a dp tuner and tried to hook it up. When he did the truck wouldn't start. I helped him and did it the same way i put mine in. when you un plug it the truck starts right up Any help would be great.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Clean all that rubbery crap off the contacts then wipe them with denatured alcohol. 9/10 times my chip won't work its a bad connection to the ECM and alittle cleaning and/or wiggling it around and I'm back up and running lol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thats right. If the chip aint on there good it will make the truck do all kinds of crazy things.

When I put mine on I didn't have a wait to start light :doh:

Though I had fried my pcm. Took the cables back off, reset the computer, and it fired up.

It did about 30-35 seconds of cranking before it started though.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
http://www.dp-tuner.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/dp-tuner-f5-chip-installation.pdf

First retrace your steps. Put the keys in your pocket and take out the chip. Inspect how you have the notches lined up per instructions. If the dot in the bottom right corner of the switch is not there with the key on, the notches are not lined up correctly at the chip and or switch. Give that a try and let us know. We're on the road but I'll be checking emails and the forums.

Diane

·
Registered
360 Posts
Was the switch hooked up? I know I had an issue with the cable being upside down on the switch. Defaulted to no-start position 0.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
How big is your buddy's smile now.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After we got it going and knowing that we didn't have to make a mean phone call the guy he bought it off of his smile was about as big as mine. I also got mine back from dp tuner this morning. I bought it from a member on here and sent it to get reflashed. Its my first dp tuner and second custom tuned chip and i have to say i towed my bobcat this afternoon and hats off to Jody and that tow setting i loved it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.