Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Powerstrokin'
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a six position chip and i just bought a used edge evolution. is it possibe to have them both installed at the same time? I have heard you can have th hp gains from the edge with the high idle feature from the chip. Has anyone tried this? How do you do it? do you have to remove the chip first? any info would be appreacited.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Tony W is da man for that deal. Went from a well known tuner to tonys and will never look back. Truck is way more drivable with the tunes I have now.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Bill at power hungry performance tunes Edges if your 6 position chip is not a TS style chip but he also does TS chips. But I am currently running [email protected] Automotives tunes and there very nice smooth and shifting is perfect. Now its time for me to get a BTS thought trans feels like its sliping with the new injectors with lots more powah at wot LOL :eek:

·
Powerstrokin'
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chip overrides whats on PCM.
Ok, but i have heard when you have the chip in the "stock" position, the programer would take over. this would allow me to have the programer installed, and use the chip just for high idle rite? If the answer is no, o well. but it would be awesome if it worked! lol

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Ok, but i have heard when you have the chip in the "stock" position, the programer would take over.
Nope. Stock position on a chip is actually a "burned" file on the chip, not a blank file that allows the truck to run on PCM memory. Sorry. Any time the chip is installed on the back of the PCM, the reset line is grounded and the internal memory is bypassed.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
What Cletus said if you got a chip plugged in then it will override all. What you have burned on the chip is what you get.

·
Powerstrokin'
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok. Bully Dog officially sucks. I removed the bully dog chip to try to install the edge just to try it. the edge still wont work. bully dog left a foot print on my pcm.

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
just a question, what do they mean when i hear people talking about "stacking chips"? is this only for chips and not chips and flash files?
It's when you flash the pcm and have another box in-between the pcm and motor, but there is no need to do it anymore as the tuning as cone a long way from when stacking was the "cool" thing to do.

·
OBS Addict
1,538 Posts
Since the you have found out that you cant use the chip and the programme at the same time I will tell you that you will be better of getting rid of that edge and getting custom tunes on your 6 position. If you want "good, Real" tuning, the ts or dp style six positions is the only way to go on a 7.3.

Ive never even heard of stacking chips/programmers on a PSD. Always thought that was a VP44 thing......and they still do it all the time.

·
Premium Member
8,374 Posts
You can use the edge as a monitor and have the hydra. Just make sure the edge is set to stock. Do you have a egt probe?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes I have the probe. The person before me installed the edge and that's what I have been running. I have been hearing some not so great stuff about them and a lot of good talk about the Hydra chip. That's why I want to switch

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,374 Posts
Perfect. Get the hydra. I love mine. They should be on sale now if i remember correctly. $325.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.