Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe its just me, but something is eatin at me. How is it that Chevy is out winning awards over Toyota and Honda, and Dodge gets 2010 truck of the year? Where is Ford in all this? The only car company that is in the black and not red? Is the great U.S. Gov. handing out awards to the car companies that took a bail out? Is it just me or does this bother anyone else.

If they want to hand out awards, why not give Ford one for not having to take a bail out.

Just a thought!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I agree 100% pisses me off

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could be, I havent seen or heard anything about it! Must be the gov. not wanting anybody to buy a car they dont own or will profit from!

I'm going to Wal-mart right now. I'll look in the mags and see.

Or maybe Ford can't advertise its one award?

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Did you see the "trucks" they put up against the new HD rams for truck of the year?

Two different ford transits, a raptor and a tundra work truck. Probably the dumbest line up Ive ever seen. A bunch of misfits trying to go up against the one heavy duty truck. Dodge was set up to win from the get go

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Did you see the "trucks" they put up against the new HD rams for truck of the year?

Two different ford transits, a raptor and a tundra work truck. Probably the dumbest line up Ive ever seen. A bunch of misfits trying to go up against the one heavy duty truck. Dodge was set up to win from the get go
Yeah they do that crap from time to time. I remember when the Ridgeline won because they put it up against some wierd stuff.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Yeah they do that crap from time to time. I remember when the Ridgeline won because they put it up against some wierd stuff.
yeah Ive seen them do it a couple times but this one was probably the worst yet. I quit reading that magazine after I saw that

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
You ever see when like at a Chebby dealer the chebby always wins against a ford at a tug of war just makes me giggle.LOL

Hers one vid that's show who is the best:D

And this one show how the chebby can beat a ford at a tug of warLOL
LOL

IMO is a manufacture like Chevy goes against a ford for everything that must mean its because FORD is the best

·
Administrator
8,170 Posts
chubby and drudge have to buy those awards to get people to buy their turds.

ford dont need them. people that know buy fords because we don't need any stupid magazine to tell us our trucks are the best truck made 41 years running.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know that Ford dosen't need a stinkin award for there trucks to sell. I'm sayin isn't funny how you don't hear on the radio or see on tv anything about Ford. Unless you watch dirty jobs with mike rowe then you see an F150 ad. But chevy has best in class for all the vehicals in their lineup. Just sounds like the gov. owned car companies are payin people off to pick their cars and trucks to be first in class and take home the awards. The only thing keeping chevy alive right now it the camaro. IMO!

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I know that Ford dosen't need a stinkin award for there trucks to sell. I'm sayin isn't funny how you don't hear on the radio or see on tv anything about Ford. Unless you watch dirty jobs with mike rowe then you see an F150 ad. But chevy has best in class for all the vehicals in their lineup. Just sounds like the gov. owned car companies are payin people off to pick their cars and trucks to be first in class and take home the awards. The only thing keeping chevy alive right now it the camaro. IMO!
Ummmmm, the Vette is a pretty good car also.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not sayin it wasn't! The vette for a long time was the only american hot rod left that could't be bought with a V6 and a stripped down model, so everyone could say they have one. You have to be willing to lay down some serious cash to have one. I think since the camaro has been out it has out sold the vette for like the pass 5 years. Thats all i was tryin to say! If chevy had to relay on vette sales to stay alive, I dont think even the goverment would have takin over.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Not sayin it wasn't! The vette for a long time was the only american hot rod left that could't be bought with a V6 and a stripped down model, so everyone could say they have one. You have to be willing to lay down some serious cash to have one. I think since the camaro has been out it has out sold the vette for like the pass 5 years. Thats all i was tryin to say! If chevy had to relay on vette sales to stay alive, I dont think even the goverment would have takin over.
Very true. And the Camaro does make me drool every time I see one.

·
All Talk, No Walk?
2,358 Posts
I like how they always pick a truck of the year at the beginning of the year. The 2010 Ram came out last fall, and it "won" almost instantly, yet the new 2011 Superduty comes out in like a month and it can't even compete against it...

·
Registered
572 Posts
i think that to win m/t truck of the year it has to be a new/redesigned model
so eventually every few years every manufacturer will win...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Agree with above.
Now I know we are taking smack here, but I have to ask why we rarely see Ford Trucks (without a fummins engine), Being even remotly competative in pulls, Drags, mud bogs. etc. Even in Work Stock Class.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts