Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i purchased a 2005 6.0 and had noticed that it has an egr delete so it got me thinkin i dont have a check engine light , so maybe it had been turned off with a tuner and it has me worried that someone probably didnt return it to stock before they traded it in , i also had a 60hp ficm tune done . would a factory reflash take my ficm tune back to stock as well ?
any help is appreciated

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
Last year I was running into this problem daily, very frustrating to say the least. It's the main reason I hate tuners so much.

If it is deleted and has no engine light, then it is tuned. That's an easy one. But I never did find a way to go through the signatures and licenses and say yes, this software is not stock. I'm sure the factory tool has that function, but aftermarkets do not.

Not sure what a ficm tune is, but If it's boosted hardware, then no, there is no way to roll that back without changing the hardware back.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Factory flash should take it back to stock.
I would maybe see if you can get hold of a tuner where you can "download" the "factory" tune from the pcm. Which in your case, may likely be aftermarket. Then get in touch with a tuning company, have them look it over, and give their opinion if it's been tuned.
Iirc, there may be a fooler for the egr.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
543 Posts
one thing i found out to check if it has an aftermarket tune is to go to the dealer and ask them to pull the door code for keyless entry if you have it, the charge $35 here at my local dealer to get it for you, if they cannot get it, they shouldn't charge you.

how you know there has been a programer to it, is that there scan tool to pull the door code up, will pull up some other vehicle, in my case with tunes from Swamps, the vehicle that the dealer saw on their tool was a ford falcon.... if it comes up anything but what the make truly is, they will not be able to have access to the PCM and few other things.... but that is how they knew my truck had a tune on it....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts