Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was having some surging problems and some strange trans shifting. Reading many post my problems seemed a little different from others. I saw some oil on my transmission TQ cover and though it might just be the ICP with some info from other post. Went to dealer to check the ICP. They said the ICP was OK but I had a Turbo Hose with a hole in it. I picked it up today and while watching the Boost gauge I noticed it was going as high as 15 with only 1/2 throttle. I have only had the Boost gauge for less than a month now. It never got much above 5 while in the stock setting just normal driving and I had never seen anything above 20 at anytime. I need to retry some of the programs I was having trouble with and see if this was the problem.

You can see where the clamp had dug down into the hose. It would be very hard to see this if not looking extremely close.

New hose in place.

·
Registered
277 Posts
That hose sucks, last year at TS I could only hit 498hp on the dyno. Checked everything, and no luck. Finally had to spool it up while risking my life, and sure enough under boost it had cracks in it and was blowing up like a balloon and leaking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts