Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Recently, my check engine light came one and threw two DTC's U0106 (Loss communication with glow plug control module) and P0100 (Mass of volume air flow). My truck is running and starts up great. I have a 2013 F-350 and I live in Michigan and last week we had weather about -15 degrees F and its been in the 20's-30's this week. Any ideas on what it could be?

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have you tried to clear the codes with your HS tuner?

If so, and they came back, a call to HS is in order for sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I tried deleting them. The light stay off when I drive it right after I delete, but if I run into the store or something and come back out and start it, the light is on again. Could the GPCM actually be broken because of the cold weather. This is my first diesel, so I am still in the learning process.

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
Yea, I tried deleting them. The light stay off when I drive it right after I delete, but if I run into the store or something and come back out and start it, the light is on again. Could the GPCM actually be broken because of the cold weather. This is my first diesel, so I am still in the learning process.
I would say no, up untill last year I was a mechanic at the ford dealer where I live and we didn't have a single GPCM issue to date on the 6.7 come through our shop. Our weather is much like yours and I'm in oil country which is also Ford country so we have a lot of 6.7's runnin around. I would contact H&S and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So hopefully this is just an update issue with the H&S program. I'g going to try and disconnect the batteries for about a half hour then call H&S.

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
you could always return to stock, remove the H&S tuner, disconnect the btteries and drive it stock fr a bit. If it still happends(I don't think it will) then it's not the tuner.

·
Registered
189 Posts
you could always return to stock, remove the H&S tuner, disconnect the btteries and drive it stock fr a bit. If it still happends(I don't think it will) then it's not the tuner.
Also make sure you get it flashed at the dealership to clear the H&S since it does not actually return it to stock.

I learned he hard way on this and will never tune a truck after it has been tuned with the H&S unless it has been truly returned to stock at the dealership.

Jody

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was going to try unplugging the Tuner for the OBD2 port and plug it back in to see if that does anything, then if that doesn't work I was going to call Ford to see if there are any updates for this truck.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would first contact H&S and ask them if they have any idea on why those codes may be coming up and ask them for an update or download their latest update. I would also take Jody's advice on the truck not going back to stock Ford OEM file once you remove the H&S. If you remove the H&S and for some reason try to install another tuner it may lock out your truck and you will have to tow it to the dealer for a reflash.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I called H&S and they have not seen that code come up yet with any of their issues. I tried deleting the code then unplugging the tuner and the code came back on. So I know it can not be the tuner. I contacted a Ford Dealership and they said delete the code then try unplugging the Glow Plug Control Module and plug it back it to see if the code stays off then. If the code come back on bring it in. Do I then have to uninstall the H&S tuner and put my DPF back on for them to flash my system? Or can I just leave everything on and tell them to flash my system and I can download the H&S tuner at the dealership?

Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
If your truck is still under warranty then I would reinstall the DPF. Unless you know the dealership really good and they don't mind mods.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My truck is still under warranty, I just bought it in July. I think that's what Ill do, is reinstall the DPF. But how do I get my stock tune? Is that downloaded in the H&S Tuner? Are there instructions anywhere on how to put the truck back to stock as far as what gets done first, the stock tune put on then the DPF or visa versa. I really appreciate the help!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Install all emission equipment.
Then on tuner go to install tune. And there should be an option that says return to stock.

Then turn on truck and see if there are any codes. If same codes appear then take to dealer

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm sure the op has fixed this already but for anyone who stumbles across this thread looking for a fix. Found this info off another thread but my 15 was throwing these codes tonight. I had unplugged and removed one nox module but the front one was still on the frame. Moisture got into the nox module and shorted it out. I unplugged and removed the module and replaced fuse #36 under the hood and all is good again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts