Turbo
Oil cooler
Icp sensor
Low pressure oil pump
High pressure oil pump
New complete old stock wire harness
Electric fuel system conversion
And on and on

After priming the oil system and getting perfect oil pressure the truck fired almost instantly and runs pretty dam good.

Sounds like there is air to bleed out still.

Question is this;

My check engine light came on... is it because there is not constant pressure as the system is bleeding out still?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Out of range icp do to air. I would check icp % with a scan tool it could be to high or low.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
If you have a stock hpop yes it should go away. Here is the catch, you need to check your lpop psi it should be between 45-60 psi cold then see were the icp % and psi is at. Do you know the code?

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
I need a special scan tool I assume?

Also is this something that will cure itself after I run and drive it more and more and get the air out? Or will I need to reset it somehow?

I suppose pulling both negative cables wouldn't do the trick?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
You can clear a CEL by either disconnecting the positive or negative cables for about 1/2 hour. Try this before getting a scantool.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
50-100 miles. Beat on it a little to force the air out quicker. Same for injectors if you ever do those.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
What's your location?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Okay, to far from me lol. Post up in the region threads for your area to see if anyone has an AE. Sure someone close to you would scan it for ya for a couple beers.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so i got a nice scanner. its coming back with P0475. which from what i can tell is the EBPV? i did install a non EBPV pedestal and new turbo. they supplied a plug thing that connects to it.... could the plug thing be bad or?

i used the scanner to delete the code and it came back on next time i started it.

Is it weird that my CEL light was on for P0475? Isn't it supposed to be a soft code? I've already wiped my codes once and it comes back with a CEL light.

if i unplugged it erased the code and tried that i suppose the check engine light would just come back on? 97 federal emissions truck

here is the plug thing they sent with.

EBP Pedestal Actuator Isolator Pigtail 94-97 - Riffraff Diesel Performance

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
That's probably a resistor of just the right rating, in a neat package with the right connector for the harness. Spendy for something so simple, but Clay's a supporter of the forums, with good products all around, so :shrug: kudos for his ingenuity. Try what you suggested; if it continues to throw that code, check that gizmo with an ohmmeter. Contact Clay with your findings. Could just be it's got a bad resistor in it; I'm sure he'd exchange it if it's bad.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts