Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Silver Death
342 Posts
there are wires on it, mine is never hooked up though :D
mine has no wires going to it iam certain. i can go take a pic. mine is a 2010.

·
Silver Death
342 Posts
some filter minders didnt come with wires. ive seen it on a couple 6.4s
so then the ones with no wires can i just plug the freaken hole?

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So no more light on i washed to truck this morning. Had lots of mud on it and there must of been mud in the fender where the intake breather is?? That is what i am going with since i washed the truck it is all good.

·
Registered
219 Posts
so are you running it with the clear lid off now??? waiting on mine and wondering if whats a better idea (on or off) ??

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hey man i have been running with the clear lid off for awhile now and with the pre filter on too though. Seems to be working great for me. The S&B is kind of a pain to get in and it isn't the best fitting.... But once you get it in and hooked up it works great i think.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hey man i have been running with the clear lid off for awhile now and with the pre filter on too though. Seems to be working great for me. The S&B is kind of a pain to get in and it isn't the best fitting.... But once you get it in and hooked up it works great i think.
I noticed my filter minder sitting at the halfway mark everytime i open my hood, ive had the S&B for about 3 weeks, barely any miles on it, with the lid off no rise in intake temp? Any better mileage?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just made a trip to Florida and about 30 minutes out of the house the "check air filter" warning light illuminated. I stopped in a truck stop and opened the front part and there were leaves and eaten acorns (blasted chipmunks!). Made the round trip and put a brand new air filter in it and cranked it and it still shows "check air filter". Any ideas?

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
Did you reset filter minder, is it stock or aftermarket? if you have a tuner you can most likely get rid of the code

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yea I have the same problem with my ‘08 f250. I gas it and the air filter light comes on, resets it and it will pop up again after I gas it. Wonder if I needed a new air filter, but I don’t have a plastic cover for mine and I think it’s aftermarket just got the truck

21 - 30 of 30 Posts