Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a S&B intake, 5" straight pipe exhaust with the 250 Spartan tune on right now. Just started the other day when i nail on the throttle the check air filter light come on?? I checked and the little sensor button looks like it is sucked in so i push the button and it releases and all is good. Till I go for a drive and nail it again. Would the spring in the sensor under the hood be shot??

·
Registered
117 Posts
Silly question, but did you actually check the filter. It may be time for a cleaning or maybe you somehow sucked something up into it?

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
Check for a plastic bag or something. I've sucked done weird shut into mine before.

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya i just took it apart i have a pre filter over the filter i cleaned to prefilter and the air filter looks good so not sure man. I thought maybe the spring in the sensor is weak???

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ya i just took it apart i have a pre filter over the filter i cleaned to prefilter and the air filter looks good so not sure man.
Dont wanna derail your thread man but just wondering where you got your prefilter from?? I just ordered an S&B and was thinking prefilter would be a good idea for the gravel roads.

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got mine from North American Diesel Performance. They are in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada there number is 780 456-4498. They are awesome to deal with. I love the prefilter i just got it end of summer last year. My first filter was shot i do lots of gravel road driving the prefilter seems to be working good so far.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sweet deal man.Thanks!! Im from lloydminster. Was gunna order my intake from them but took just as long as off the net and lil cheaper outta the states with free shipping. Excited for the intake. Running the drop in right now with the 275 no problem but heard you can suck the sides in on the oval ones.

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right on man i am from Lloyd to man.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You need to pull that plastic S&B cover off. Good thing is you can hear the turbos better. Didn't change IAT at all.

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You need to pull that plastic S&B cover off. Good thing is you can hear the turbos better. Didn't change IAT at all.
Ok i will give it a go

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let us know how you make out Trever, i might have to keep am eye on my filter too.
Hey Joe you bet i will let you know how it works out. I know the pre filter so far is nice keeps the filter way cleaner due to all these gravel roads

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm thinkin about picking a pre-filter up myself, even thou my diesel is juat a daily driver now. It might be good peace of mind.

·
Silver Death
342 Posts
how does it do this i have no wires going to my filter minder. its just a spring and a button...

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well basically i am sucking that spring down it is sucking so hard. Once that spring is sucked down that means it is time to change the filter if it was stock that is suppose to be the idea and that is why the light comes on. If i reset it the light will go off but it keeps sucking in that spring.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
My progamer has a setting on it so an cai wont through codes check yours for it.

·
Silver Death
342 Posts
Well basically i am sucking that spring down it is sucking so hard. Once that spring is sucked down that means it is time to change the filter if it was stock that is suppose to be the idea and that is why the light comes on. If i reset it the light will go off but it keeps sucking in that spring.
i get all that...but how does the ecu know that the filter minder is sucked in? theres no wires going to it...is it magic beans that sends signals telepathacly...?:poke:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Im not 100% sure but I think the filter minder does have a wire going to it......

Ill have my truck back tomorrow I think and I can check then or someone else can before hand

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
some filter minders didnt come with wires. ive seen it on a couple 6.4s

1 - 20 of 30 Posts