Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot where I ordered my last set of fuel filters from. I remember that it came from a shop in texas I found on the forums and the fuel filters came bundled with an oil filter at a killer deal. Can anyone point me in the right direction. thanks.

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
cheapest and filters dont go together... not in 6.0 world

·
Registered
254 Posts
Why would you want the cheapest fuel filter? Only use Ford Motorcraft filters!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I just get he napa Gold works good so far....

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
make sure with the newer filters that are o-ringed to recheck fuel pressure after install, especially if you dont have updated reg kit. They drop up to 7 lbs of pressure dueto better sealing

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got the gauge that came with the ITP kit. It's usually between 73-75. I'll keep an eye.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I just get he napa Gold works good so far....
is this for the truck in your sig or do you actually have a 6L? If you have a 6L you might want to change your mind about using the WIX filters that NAPA or carquest sells for the 6L. Attended a Ford diesel training semenar last year and the instructor educated us about the differences in the fuel and oil filters from the aftermarket ones. Ford has a patent on their filters so no one out can duplicate them. Even tho the aftermarket ones might look the same as the ford ones to the naked eye...they aren't. They aren't even the same length and the filter element doesn't even have a water barrier. My cousin uses carquest filters on his truck and for over a year his water in fuel light has been on and never comes off. I told him to change to ford filters, but he's stubbern and doesn't....so i gave up on him.

·
Administrator
33,055 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts