Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
sammy
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need a cheap way to level the front of my truck. Its been sitting because the tires I have on it hit the fenders when I turn because they are so wide. I need a cheap way to level it,if possible. The economy has got me down right now and the truck has been on the back burner. I dont have a lot of money to play with so give me some ideas.I know I dont have many options but what's the cheapest way?I have 16.5x12" wide wheels. Can I fit a 12.5" width on that rim, or is it too wide for a 16.5? I just want to be able to drive it on weekends again. I have a DD car now.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
a cheap way? with a 250 that has a TTB dana 50 front axle I would leave it where it is or invest in a dana 60 and swap it in.

·
sammy
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know there isnt a "cheap way" but whats the cheapest way to go? Or I am looking at changing the tires down to a 33x12.50x16.5 but the rims and 16.5 x12. I am not sure if that will work:confused:

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
could always do fender flares, cut open the fender some lol

thats a fairly cheap way to have a lift. . . . .of some sorts lol

you "could" do an add-a-leaf but on these 250s with the oem TTB dana 50 it will just ride even more like crap.

·
sammy
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would do fender flares but thats atleast $500 for the cutout flares. And the TTB sucks, I wish I could have gone back and waited for an F-350. I am scared to even lift the thing but thats the only way its going to get moving.Still need to find out if the 12.5" width tires will work with my 12" wide wheels.

·
sammy
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes me too. I would have no problem going to a 33x12.50

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
i run 35 12.50s with no problem,maybe an add a leaf would help ya get it sittin a little higher

·
sammy
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tughill283 -I have a 12" wide wheel. Ive fit 36x12.50 tires on it but on a 10" wide wheel. A 12" wide wheel stretches the tire a lot more. I know I can fit a 33x1250 but I am worried if the tire will work with my wheels.

·
Davey B
930 Posts
tughill283 -I have a 12" wide wheel. Ive fit 36x12.50 tires on it but on a 10" wide wheel. A 12" wide wheel stretches the tire a lot more. I know I can fit a 33x1250 but I am worried if the tire will work with my wheels.
They will work

·
sammy
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome. I will do that then. How goofy is it going to look? :pointlaugh:

·
Davey B
930 Posts
When i did it, it didnt look to bad. It was kind of a b!tch to set the bead when i mounted them, but otherwise no problems

·
sammy
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha,setting the bead is already a b*tch.You have any pics?

·
Davey B
930 Posts
Haha,setting the bead is already a b*tch.You have any pics?
No, sorry. It was on a truck i owned like 5yrs ago and i didnt really take any pics of it. I wish i would have though

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hey guys, I need a cheap way to level the front of my truck. Its been sitting because the tires I have on it hit the fenders when I turn because they are so wide. I need a cheap way to level it,if possible. The economy has got me down right now and the truck has been on the back burner. I dont have a lot of money to play with so give me some ideas.I know I dont have many options but what's the cheapest way?I have 16.5x12" wide wheels. Can I fit a 12.5" width on that rim, or is it too wide for a 16.5? I just want to be able to drive it on weekends again. I have a DD car now.

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
I am wondering the same thing. If a 12.50 will work on a 12inch wide wheel. I have a 4 inch lift so clearance shouldn't be an issue. but the price for the 15inch wide tires is.:doh:

·
Registered
169 Posts
depending how high you want to go? I would jack it up to the level you want and see if the wheels aren't to goofy( taking the sag out of the springs). Then Build new hangers and shackels to the highth you want. keep in mind not to go to high because of center pivots. If you look for a cheep lift, drop center pivots.

·
Registered
319 Posts
yes a 12.50 tire will fit on a 12 rim also just get a level spring from tough country or rough country cant remember what one i get them from like $90 bucks and then just get your truck aligned, cambers adjusted. these truck ride like #### anyways

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
K it would fit but would it taper towards the top and look goofy?

·
Registered
56 Posts
12.50 tire will work on a twelv wide rim. i ran it for a bit till i got new rims and tires. These are 33x12.50 all-terrain on 16.5x12 mickey thompsons with a four inch lift.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts