Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought some 37" X terrains....Dont wanna mount em on the stockers so....Im looking for a cheap steel wheel, something black or that can be painted black.....16x10, 8x170mm......Any ideas.....I kinda like the KMC Assaults, so something that style I guess, I just dont have the coin for $800+
right now.
And anyone have a rough idea of what it costs to mount and balance tires of that size ???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Marsh Racing Wheels makes custom steel wheels in any bolt pattern or offset you want. Very strong. They go for $100 each which isn't really cheap, but at least you won't be worried about destroying them with your heavy truck. They make them for rock crawling rigs running huge tires. I've got a set on a project truck and they are really nice. Much better than stocktons. Google MRW offroad wheels if you are interested.

Do these newer cast wheels have higher weight ratings than they used to? I had some older Ultra wheels years ago and I kept getting flat tires. Ends up it was the wheel that was leaking. 2 of them had cracks in the lip. I went forged after that.

Ends up they were rated at about 1800lb each. I pretty much maxed them out sitting empty. Why they would make 8 lug wheels with such a petty load rating is beyond me.

Anyway, check the load rating before you get some. There may a reason they are cheap.

BTW, no one ever seems to respond to anything I say... I wonder if it's because I was rude and never introduced myself. Anyway, I'm Tyler Herring if you didn't already notice that already and it's nice to be here at this forum. I'm headed over to the newb area no to do this again.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Marsh Racing Wheels makes custom steel wheels in any bolt pattern or offset you want. Very strong. They go for $100 each which isn't really cheap, but at least you won't be worried about destroying them with your heavy truck. They make them for rock crawling rigs running huge tires. I've got a set on a project truck and they are really nice. Much better than stocktons. Google MRW offroad wheels if you are interested.

Do these newer cast wheels have higher weight ratings than they used to? I had some older Ultra wheels years ago and I kept getting flat tires. Ends up it was the wheel that was leaking. 2 of them had cracks in the lip. I went forged after that.

Ends up they were rated at about 1800lb each. I pretty much maxed them out sitting empty. Why they would make 8 lug wheels with such a petty load rating is beyond me.

Anyway, check the load rating before you get some. There may a reason they are cheap.

BTW, no one ever seems to respond to anything I say... I wonder if it's because I was rude and never introduced myself. Anyway, I'm Tyler Herring if you didn't already notice that already and it's nice to be here at this forum. I'm headed over to the newb area no to do this again.
Thanks man, Im gonna look into those.....I also find this company called unique, Im guseeing its a division of cragar....They got some nice 16"....

·
<<HowdoIgetridofthat
1,421 Posts
Summit hod mickey tompson classic 2's for like 120ish apiece IIRC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts