Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fpr shim, 10k mod, pre pump kit, harpoon mod, hutch mod, ccv mod, aih delete, un plug waste gate, foil delete all of these mods cost next to nothing " Found this on a dif blog! Im clueless.

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
fpr shim, 10k mod, pre pump kit, harpoon mod, hutch mod, ccv mod, aih delete, un plug waste gate, foil delete all of these mods cost next to nothing " Found this on a dif blog! Im clueless.
10k mod-pointless

ccv mod- reroutes the crank case vent that would normally be vented into the intake either down to the ground or into a catch can.

as for the others Im not too sure about since thsoe are more for super dutys

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
AIH is the air intake heater in your spyder intake on a superduty.

Foil Delete is taking the fiberglass foil off your driver side intercooler pipe on a superduty..

:whs: on the ccv mod.

and the pre pump mod, harpoon mod and hutch mod all have to do with your fuel system and tank if im not mistaken for superduties..

Not sure but dont think some of these are applicable with an obs...

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. This helps alot. Im not sure if i will do any of these. Bit to complex my a newbie. lol

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you do this mod?

·
Registered
900 Posts
I see your from central IL where about im from the quad cities maybe can help ya out on some of the things

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The 10k mod adds about 50hp for 1 dollar.. Search it on here lots of threads about it
Any dyno proof on this? I have a switched 2.2k, curious as to what it would add if a 10k does 50

·
Registered
226 Posts
the 2.2k ohm resistor will do more than the 10k ohm will iirc, on my e99 i had the 10k and the 5k on seperate switches and made a noticeable difference, but tried it on my 03 and didnt do much

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
The resistor mod did nothing for my truck.

I would just buy a downpipe, delete your muffler, intake, gauges and get a custom tuned chip.

Then once you are bored with that, buy a built tranny, 238 hybrids, a modded h2e and mount, a fuel system and some more oil...

I would keep going but I'm sure you will figure it out if you catch the bug.

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
If. The 10k mod didn't work for you then you didn't put it in right because I have done I the 4 trucks and it worked fine and yes it's dyno proven a resistor can add up to 50 it's not near as safe as some good tunes but it helps if your broke

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You didn't put it in right then. I've done it in 3 trucks and it worked in all 3.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
"It can add" as in "it is possible" is not the same as the statement "it adds about 50HP" stated as a fact. Just say'n

Not saying it does or doesn't but I would sure like to see confirmed dyno runs before and after with the ONLY change being the 10K resistor and the change was 50 HP.

Do you have a link to these dyno results or where they were being discussed?

Do you see this change with chipped engines as well?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I think I remember reading a thread over on the org when I first joined up and there was indeed a dyno chart on JUST a resistor mod. Can't remember what numbers were though. I've had a beer or two since then

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
LOLLOLLOL

Thanks

I will see if I can dig it up as I am sure others would like to see it as well.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I'd be interested on seeing it again as well. Maybe someone dynoed with a 2.2k by now

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Quick derailment: is that your ex in your avatar tarm?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
No a friends that I got to know that's actually over in Iceland. I noticed it as it was the exact same down to color as mine and exactly what I had planned for mine. I am right in the middle of doing basically the same suspension wheels and flares etc... Its rare you see something setup exactly how you have it planned in your head. Couldn't find flares for the X here in the US that would work other than the Bushwacker cutouts with mods. I ended up calling his maker over there to have them sent here. It not going to be cheap but doubt as much to have custom one offs created here. I do prefer the look and handling of larger tires that fill the wheel wells instead of being over them. I will be able to run up to 39 15.5 with only 3"-5" lift. Plan to run 38's. I put up the pic as I think its the way the X should have been offered from the factory. Maybe as a FX-4 off road package instead of that soccer mom's kid transport. Hope to have it finished soon and will get some pic up then.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts