Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Strokin it in your face!
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of any web sites or who sells the cheapest? thanks in advanced.

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
I get mine from flleetfilterdotcom. Haven't purchased any for a year so not sure the price but I think around $22 or so.

·
Strokin it in your face!
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks. oh btw whats the steps on changing one?

drain, clean out, reinstall, refill??? like refill by hand or?

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
drain, clean out, reinstall, close up, cycle key 2 or 3 times looking for leaks each time to refill ..fire her up..if you dont have RR it may take a few mile ride before she will start smoothing out..

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Dieselfiltersonline.com If you still have the original fuel lid look at the Racor brand. Racor supplies the Motorcraft line and is alot cheaper. I have been using them for 9 years now. Buy several if you can.

Some of our sponsors carry the Racor. Diesel Innovations has it on the site.
DieselORing.com is another.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I change mine every 10K. And why in the world would you not spend the extra $5-20 for a good one when injectors cost so damn much?????? Fuel filters are so damn important for our motors injectors health.

·
Strokin it in your face!
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Summit racing AFE

·
Registered
2 Posts
I change mine every 10K. And why in the world would you not spend the extra $5-20 for a good one when injectors cost so damn much?????? Fuel filters are so damn important for our motors injectors health.
Exactly,why skimp on any filter? Like the old commercial said..........Pay me now or pay me later.

·
Lubrication Addict!!
430 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Those are the cheapest....which is the best?

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
Those are the cheapest....which is the best?
Well define "best"?

Baldwin, Fleetguard and MC/Racor are all floating around 10 microns absolute (98.6% efficient) with 93-96% efficient water strippers (doesn't break down free vs. emulsified) I run the donaldson that syn posted the link too. Like 17 bucks per plus shipping, they are 5 microns at 95% and like 6-7 microns absolute with about the same water stripping as the others mentioned. So I guess they are a little "better" but you can't go wrong with any of the big industrial brands IMHO.

For the of comparison the NAPA/Wix fuel filter is 14 microns nominal (50%) with unknown water stripping capabilities.

Wix 33818 & Napa 3818 Fuel Filter: FleetFilter Secure Online Store

·
Lubrication Addict!!
430 Posts
The Donaldson is hard to beat.... --->5 microns at 95% if my memory serves me right...

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
Anybody know the donaldson # for the Air filter that replaces the NAPA 6637?

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts