Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would I have thought that I would love Chattanooga. :eek:

My wife and I are totally amazed at the beautiful downtown area around the river, cheap golf and all of the things to do here.

I was here for about 10 hours 5 years ago but, didn't do anything or look around.

We like it so much, we've booked the room for a week. :D

I have to say............... this place rocks!! :bowfast:

·
Still learning
577 Posts
Yea Chattanooga is a pretty good town, one of the best aquariums you'll ever go to, Nashville i like better,2 hours from cattanooga on I-40, want some good places to go in nashville, PM me

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea Chattanooga is a pretty good town, one of the best aquariums you'll ever go to, Nashville i like better,2 hours from cattanooga on I-40, want some good places to go in nashville, PM me
I've actually spent a little time in Nashville.

It's pretty nice also but, I like what I've seen of Chattanooga (so far)............ more.

Thanks for the offer though.

·
<<< just like that......
810 Posts
I visited Memphis last summer for an NHRA race. Downtown was actually very nice. The outskirts were iffy to say the least.

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dude, you gotta ride the Incline while you are there.
Done! :cool:

Pretty cool riding a train at over a 45* grade.
You are absolutely correct.

It is cool as hell.

However..............................it is actually almost a 73% grade! :eek:

I was able to talk to a couple of guys who were working, on the way back up. They were leaning over the railing, dripping oil out of a can on the rail...........for lubrication. They do all of the track work by hand (big surprise). I'm pretty good at spiking myself but, could imagine that doing it here would be a whole different ballgame. I asked them how they manage to change ties and spike up on such a steep grade and they said it was.... "challenging." :D

Attachments

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
How about we keep the thread on the subject of Chattanooga instead of just randomly attacking a member?

Some of you guys have been consistently shown to be so incorrect time and time again in the politics thread that you have nothing left but personal attacks. You really should spend some of that wasted energy educating yourself with actual facts. Maybe read the Constitution or something.

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Speaking of Chattanooga........ :D

We also went up to Rock City and Ruby Falls. :bowfast:

In fact, I think I saw Greg373, glamis_dave and dixieland-diesels at the Ruby Falls cave. LOL LOL LOL

Attachments

·
utah get me two
1,935 Posts

In fact, I think I saw Greg373, glamis_dave and dixieland-diesels at the Ruby Falls cave. LOL LOL LOL
THATS ME ON THE RIGHT

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
Ruby Falls is pretty cool, make sure you hit the Aquarium while you are there, probably one of the best ones I have been to in captivity. I prefer seeing my fish and sharks in the wild in about 60-100 ft of water, but it is a pretty cool aquarium for land lovers.

·
Pulling sled for hire
1,905 Posts
Chattanooga is a pretty nice town. Not too big, not too small. I always enjoyed Cheeburger Cheeburger downtown. Eat a 1 pounder and you get your picture on the wall.

·
Banned
459 Posts
thats where my parents got maried

·
Registered
7,358 Posts

I havent been to ROck City or Ruby Falls since I was little. Im glad to hear you liked it, some friends of my mom said they hated it last time they went, and that it was ntohing like it used to be.

Do they still have all the shops where people HAND MAKE everything?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Beans is close to there good place to sto an c some crazt sh##

·
All done now
22,486 Posts

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I havent been to ROck City or Ruby Falls since I was little. Im glad to hear you liked it, some friends of my mom said they hated it last time they went, and that it was ntohing like it used to be.
I'll be honest, I've been seeing the little "See Rock City" birdhouses all over Florida and had it in mind that it was just a little overlook that had a bunch of piled up rocks spelling out "Hi." :D

What a surprise! :eek:

They have a complete walking trail system, that goes through some really cool rock formations............ with great photo op's.

It was far from the normal 'tourist trap' that I often see.............. and am sorely disappointed with.

Although Ruby Falls was nice also...............Rock City really Rocks! :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Do they still have all the shops where people HAND MAKE everything?
Yes.

I saw a leather shop and of course..............the hand made fudge shop! :D

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Simply impossible to walk by a hand made fudge shop.

·
Know nothin' PSD driver
2,292 Posts
How about we keep the thread on the subject of Chattanooga instead of just randomly attacking a member?

Some of you guys have been consistently shown to be so incorrect time and time again in the politics thread that you have nothing left but personal attacks. You really should spend some of that wasted energy educating yourself with actual facts. Maybe read the Constitution or something.
The one time I was just pickin' at him and that's what happens.:blah::blah::blah:

·
Know nothin' PSD driver
2,292 Posts
I'll be honest, I've been seeing the little "See Rock City" birdhouses all over Florida and had it in mind that it was just a little overlook that had a bunch of piled up rocks spelling out "Hi." :D

What a surprise! :eek:

They have a complete walking trail system, that goes through some really cool rock formations............ with great photo op's.

It was far from the normal 'tourist trap' that I often see.............. and am sorely disappointed with.

Although Ruby Falls was nice also...............Rock City really Rocks! :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Yes.

I saw a leather shop and of course..............the hand made fudge shop! :D
I was too scared to walk over the bridge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts